Design, Programming, Music and Life

Monday, October 22, 2012

IDEA: Bluetooth Tape Reciever

 
 
I have been toying with this idea for only a short period of time, the idea started with a want to get my iPhone to play music to my old school stereo, without having to leave it plugged in next to the stereo. So I thought of a unique way to make that happen using elements that already exist, so the cost is lower than it normally would be.
 
The unit is made up of a Bluetooth radio, Processor/DSP, a magnetic tape head, button, batteries and a generator. When the unit is in use, the play action of the tape player will charge the batteries and run the device. When the tape player is not running, the unit will only power the Bluetooth radio to allow for connection or reset.
Overall, its a simple design, and I haven't seen anything like it on the market as of yet, but who knows, it may already be out there somewhere. On the event it has not been produced yet, I am considering this as a Kickstarter project, so if you think its a good idea, let me know in the comments.
 
 


1 comments:

William Snow said...

I think it's a brilliant idea. I have my father's 38 year old Sansui cassette deck and although I do have cassettes, it would be nice to play my iPod music though the deck :)