Design, Programming, Music and Life

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A day away from technology

10:08 PM Posted by Unknown , , , , No comments

I was thinking that today would be a great day to spend away from the computers. And because of this I ended up spending a lot of time with my daughter outside and ended up also going on a hike with my 2 sons and my youngest son's cub scout troop.

We went out to a little nature preserve in Cannonsburg Mi. today. I had lots of fun remembering all of the plant species we passed by as well as hunting for the perfect walking stick, which I found twice :) I was also able to grab a few good photos and capture a few good memories with the boys. My only regret the whole time is not being able to smoke on the trail, it helps me ground myself sometimes when you of my element.

Had a pretty productive day around the house today too. Got the dishes done, house picked up, and I was even able to get to some of the yard work today too. So I do have a decent sense of accomplishment from today, that should help me when it comes to revamping my resume tomorrow. I just haven't had enough hits from it in its present form.

As I was working on my friends resume yesterday, I realized that I am probably over complicating my resume quite a bit, and I could possibly get it down to a single page that SHOWS who I am, and not just what I can do. I'm taking it as a design project. See how I can reinvent the resume. I have plenty of ideas, just have to get them all down and sort out the good from the bad, then sort the winners by cost. We will see what I come up with :)





0 comments: