Design, Programming, Music and Life

Friday, May 18, 2012

Fantastical Friday

2:35 PM Posted by Unknown , , , , , , No comments
So the week has trickled by and as usual, I tried to keep pretty busy. I am almost done with the first website that I was contracted to work on. Sent in the invoice for what work I have completed so far, then also sent an estimate for the added work remaining on the site.

There were a couple items that were not done, but I at least did find a workaround for everything but the menu. In the end, the only option I had to do a dynamic menu with some drop down functions required the system to be built using sections and categories. Unfortunately this system was not. If I pulled any options from the database, as soon as the client would edit or add an article, the menu would have pulled the wrong data, so that sucked.

Did I mention how much I hate oldschool PHP? Well I do. It's not a fun language to work with when your fixing other people's screw ups. I wont mention it again for a while now. I'm done.

I have a weekend ahead of me now, got Family Fun Night at the kids school, planning on being there. Then I have a whole weekend with my wife planned. Maybe I'll drive her crazy... about me ;)

0 comments: