Design, Programming, Music and Life

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Next Monday

3:29 PM Posted by Unknown No comments
So it is one week after I decided to change how a typical Monday goes, and I do have to admit, no day since then has been the same. This morning was filled with me taking my daughters to the dentist, because one of them was getting a couple teeth pulled. After that, we came home and rested, she was in way too much pain to go back to school I felt. Well, I shouldn't say that we rested, the girls did while I spent the rest of the morning sending out my resume. With the way the ecconomy has been moving recently, I am going to be working as a freelance designer again while I am still looking for a regular paying job. I am sure that there are plenty of single jobs to bid on or things in the area that could be done. I need to work on my website pitch a little though, I'm sure that I have gotten quite rusty. As for my pitch to Startgarden.com, my Kudos website idea, I have high hopes for this idea, but I am not seeing enough traffic through their website to convince me that what they think is going to happen really is. I don't feel that StartGarden is being seen by enough investors to make it take off. This is the same problem I came up against when running through my "Thought Market" concept. Yes, it will gain traction over time and through word of mouth, but what sites like that really need up front is ad space on MSNBC, and CNN. They should start off by catering to the investors, but making the ability to post ideas still free. The other end of what StartGarden needs is a heavy social aggregation tool for the people who submit their ideas. On a side note, allow them to edit all their pictures after creating an idea. Allowing users to create an idea, then edit it till they feel it is ready for submission would also be a suburb solution. I don't want to come off as vain, but I could really help what you have going there quite a bit. StartGarden is an idea that I was working on years ago, just under a different name. And here I though that I would have nothing to say today ;) go figure, anyhoo, I will post something new soon, just have to work on finishing it up.

0 comments: