Design, Programming, Music and Life

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Turning lemons into lemonade

8:59 PM Posted by Unknown 1 comment
     The reason I did not post anything on the 25th was because it was my day off and I resigned from my job. I had been there almost two years, helped out in many ways, and never had a single complaint. It was no longer a challenge for me anyway. I can't go into any details without having lawyers knocking at my door, but I can say that I enjoyed the experience.
     I am looking at this as a new start. a chance to get to know my family again and find what really drives me and my arts. I have been spending all of my energy channeling my creativity into logic and stats that I feel I have lost touch with part of myself. It's like driving in the rain really, some people can't drive too well in the rain because the rain and windshield wipers distort the view too much, and others can drive through a whole storm without even turning on the wipers. I tend to be the latter, because I look around the drops on the windshield to see a clear path in front of me. Why cant i do the same with my life? I knew something in my life had to change in order to make some waves, but I had no idea that I would end this week without a job. Oh Well :) If life gives you lemons, Make some Lemonade!!
     As it turns out, this turn of events has sparked a little creativity in me, I started on my business cards, and even got them finished and printed, they are in the mail as of this weekend :) My next venture is going to be setting up some web space, then i can work on a nice original design for a portfolio site. I'm thinking I could  bring out Swift3D and put something attractive together, give some of my HTML5 skills a test.

1 comments:

becki said...

Good outlook and good luck!